Plunket Education in Schools is delighted to announce their new online babysitting course available to teenagers throughout Aotearoa.
This course is designed to give teenagers the knowledge and skills to babysit children of all ages. It is written for first-time babysitters; students do not need to have previous experience in order to enrol.
The course is ideal for students aged 14+ and takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
Students work through nine sequential modules and, on completion of the course and the final quiz, will receive a certificate certified by Whanau Awhina Plunket to show employers that they have completed this course and are ready to babysit. As well as the certificate, students are sent a Babysitter’s Manual that supports all the information that they have learned in the online course.
During the course, the following topics are covered:
- Role of the babysitter, including expectations of the families you are working for
- Ages and stages of children from birth to school age; their basic needs and their care
- Professional behaviour, including presentation
- How to engage with children of different ages, including activities for each age group and behavioural information
- Safety, including emergency situations,; keeping yourself and the children safe and basic first aid
- How to get a babysitting job
The course is presented using videos, quizzes and activities which are fun as well as informative.
More information and enrolment is here.