The University of Otago, Māori Health Workforce Development Unit, Tū Kahika scholarship is opening shortly. This scholarship supports Māori students through a full year pre-university health sciences course to best prepare them for the Otago University Health Science First Year Programme and further tertiary health-related study. At its core, the Tū Kahika scholarship programme is about whānau and provides wrap-around academic, cultural and pastoral support for students.
Selected Scholarship Students receive:
– Guaranteed placement into a University Residential college
– $10,000 towards residential college cost
– A Kaiārahi / dedicated support staff member to support the transition to University and study
– Additional academic support
– Professional and Cultural development
We strongly encourage all Māori students with aspirations in a career in health to apply. Successful applicants must:
– Have Māori Whakapapa (ancestry)
– Show a commitment to Māori Health
– Be in Year 13 or a recent school leaver
– Preferably have some exposure to secondary school sciences.
For further information refer to the link below. We welcome any questions regarding the scholarship programme or Foundation Year course: Applications open July 1st and close 15th of August 2020. http://www.otago.ac.nz/mhwdu/tukahika/index.html
For information of the University of Otago, Foundation Year course please visit: https://www.otago.ac.nz/uolcfy/foundation-year/index.html